Did you know that a Himalayan lamp in your home or office can naturally improve indoor air quality by creating healthy negative ions? Salt lamps are a natural ionizer, providing a variety of health benefits including boosting immunity, improving sleep and relieving migraines.
How Himalayan salt lamps work?
The salt lamp crystal itself is characterized by “hygroscopicity”. This means that it attracts water molecules from the air. When the crystal heats up, this accelerates the evaporation and produces negative ions. An ion field is being built. That way the positively charged atmosphere of the room is being neutralized by the negative ions. In addition, the colors of the Himalayan salt crystals have a healing effect.
The Himalayan salt lamps have beneficial effects on our health. Place it in your room while you sleep and it will help you clean your sinuses, for example. When at rest, your body’s defense mechanisms are most susceptible to the beneficial effects of Himalayan salt.
The Himalayan salt lamps can reduce the amount of electromagnetic pollution that is invariably present in the air of your work premises, dust content and airborne viruses and bacteria. Put such a lamp next to you when you need a higher concentration.
Salt light sources ionize the air, which is beneficial for a number of diseases: reduce the symptoms of asthma, allergies, bronchitis, sinusitis and other respiratory problem, reduce headaches and migraines, fatigue and insomnia.
Pro tip: Look for a more saturated red color, as it indicates a higher concentration of minerals.
In addition to a more comfort and a pleasant atmosphere, place the lamps near TVs and computers, in smoking areas, in air-conditioned offices. In fact you can put it wherever you want to restore or maintain the quality of natural fresh air. They create a calming atmosphere that promotes relaxation, reduces stress, fights the lack of concentration, etc., helps to balance physical, spiritual, emotional and mental energy.
Bioenergy therapists and homeopaths recommend these lamps to help treat allergies, diseases of the respiratory and circulatory systems, rheumatism. Due to their color, they are also used in chromotherapy, as the soothing light helps people suffering from neurosis and insomnia.
Uses of Himalayan Crystal Salt Lamps
- They would be good addition to each room in your house. They help in purifying the air within the house. This is best for those who have asthma or allergies. They can also help in offsetting the radiation from electronic appliances such as microwave ovens or televisions. You can also put the lamp in the room of your kids to promote relaxing and calm environment that encourage a good sleep.
- The warm glow of the crystal salt lamps can promote focus and concentration in the workplace. This will help in reducing the negative effects of stress, fatigue or even the radiation from computers or other office machines.
- They can also give a relaxing feeling for massage or mediation rooms rendering effectiveness of each session.
- For health clubs or treating rooms, they provide good quality of air, which is much needed while exercising. It also promotes soothing environment for faster healing process. They can also be used in bars, pubs or coffee shops. They can help in eliminating the smell of cigarette or foul odors faster.
- They also make outstanding gifts for a friend or relative.
- They are best used in color therapy. The warm glow from the salt lamps provides soothing vibrations for a good state of wellbeing. Each color has an equivalent benefit such as orange for a healthy nervous system, white for cleansing and detoxifying, brown for balance, pink for improving partnership and love and red for strong heart.
- They are perfect for feng shui.
Here are some pointers to remember
- The lamps are to be used indoors since they are natural salts. You need to make sure to keep them as much as possible away from water. Should they get wet, turn the lamp on and let the warmth form the bulb dry it down.
- To prevent moisture from forming on the salt, keep the lamp on for as long as possible. Should moist form, wipe it dry with a damp cloth. It is best to turn the lamp on always so that the negative ionizing will continue processing in the room.
- If the lamp will not be used, then make sure to store it in a moist-free place and cover it with a plastic bag or put it in its original box.
- To clean the lamp, use damp towel to wipe dust. Make sure to use wring the towel properly and not apply a soaking wet towel. Turn on the lamp to dry completely.
- Himalayan salt lamps come in different colors, sizes and shapes. Lately, handcrafted lamps are becoming popular than the usual pyramid, balls and egg shaped salt lamps. You can now choose from designs such as heart, dolphin or swan lamps.